Thursday, January 5, 2012

Been taking a few photos of the lake

The weather hasn't been that good for photography, but here are a couple of recent shots of the lake.




Taken on rather a misty day with my Nikon D3000.

I have been really enjoying my new Kindle. I found a programme called Calibre that manages your ebook collection on your computer. If you have a ebook reader I would say this programme is indespensible. It gives you such a lot of control on your collection and is free, although you can donate to the author. I reckon he gets a lot of donations because this programme is so good.

I must say that I enjoy historical who-dunits, and I have just downloaded a few from Amazon. Amazon.de that is because I am resident in Austria the UK site will not let me download from them.......so much for the worldwide web!!! I have read every Matthew Shardlake novel from C. J. Sansom in paperback, and I have been looking for novels in a similar vein. I found these, Hue & Cry and Fate and Fortune by Shirley McKay. Another author that writes this kind of book is S. J. Parris, I am reading Heresy on my Kindle at the moment and it's a cracking who-dunnit set in the period of Elizabeth I. Looking forward to reading his other novel Prophesy. While browsing the Amazon site I found 'Mozart's Last Aria' a historical crime novel set in Vienna in 1791 by Matt Rees. Looks intriquing so I bought this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment