Saturday, January 28, 2012

Losing Touch....Moving On

I seem to be losing touch with a lot of my old 'pals'. I sent a load of Christmas greeting emails to old work colleagues and gaming friends, but did any faint 'Merry Christmases' come echoing back through the ether.....well just one! One, from an old work colleague, but none from anybody else. I suppose with their busy working lives they haven't got time to reply. I send the occasional chatty email but I very rarely get any reply, only from this one guy....a good friend. I guess that's that....people move on.

I find that I am playing less and less boardgames now. Of course I miss the weekly meetings we had when I lived in England. But there aren't any boardgamers over here. Tina plays occasionally, but she's not what you would call a fan. I think she just plays to humour me. So what do I scratch the gaming itch with? Facebook to the rescue. I play 3 collectible, not tradeable, card games on FB. The Clash of the Dragons, sort of fantasy based. Tyrant, a modern super machine based and Berserk, The Cataclysm, again fantasy based. CotD is my favourite, their are 5 zones to battle through, with 3 difficulty levels so there's a lot of play. It is free to play, although you can buy 'Dragon Coins' to purchase cards packs with the rarer cards in.

You can also belong to a clan, this is a way to chat to fellow gamers, exchange deck ideas and such. As well as the gaming zones there are brawls. This is where you and your fellow gamers battle against tough bosses for rewards which enable you to 'craft' cards for your collection. There are special clan brawls which only clan members can take part in as well. It takes a lot of my time at the moment....as Tina will tell you. Maybe you might want to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment